Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do I need to somehow change the aspect ratio on my computer?

I recently switched from the old style (i think called CRT or something like that) to the HD type monitor. Things look pretty great, but for some programs it seems that it looks stretched from side to side (like my photo/theme on my desktop). Do I need to tell my computer I am using a different monitor? How would I do that on windows XP?Do I need to somehow change the aspect ratio on my computer?Leave it alone. If you changed the aspect ratio, you would have a black area on each side of your screen. This would defeat the purpose of having the monitorDo I need to somehow change the aspect ratio on my computer?Right click the desktop and go to Properties, then click on the Settings tab.



You should drag the resolution bar so that the resolution matches the %26quot;Native Resolution%26quot; of your new monitor. The native resolution should be listed in the monitor's specification sheet and you can probably look it up online. A full 1080P Monitor/TV will have a resolution of 1920x1080, but the actual resolution varies a lot between monitors.



Note: Setting the resolution will automatically set the aspect ratio. A widescreen monitor may either stretch the image or apply black bars to a full-screen resolution.



Note: Many PC monitors have an aspect ratio of 16:10 (compared to 16:9 on TVs), this is normal.



Apply and ok.Do I need to somehow change the aspect ratio on my computer?ok this is pretty straight forward and fairly easily to do, what you can do is take your mouse and right click anywhere on your wallpaper (not on any icons) and click on properties and then go to settings and adjust the slider thing at the bottom all the way to the right and see how it looks, if nothing shows then it will take 15 seconds and it will go back to the other way you had it before, after that you can then adjust the slider one behind the farthest and see if that works and if does and everything looks good then great, press apply and then press ok, if not then keep trying till it looks right and make sure to click apply because if not then it will do nothing once you exit out of it. hope i helped and please rate

No comments:

Post a Comment