Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the aspect ratio of an online video?

When I watch an online streaming video (megavideo, veoh, youtube, ect.) sometimes they uploaded it with ratio of 4:3 when it should be 6:9, so everything looks distorted. Is there a program that I could use to somehow stretch it? Maybe something like the windows magnifying glass? I'm kinda shooting in the dark here, but I hope maybe something like that exists. How do I change the aspect ratio of an online video?Usually the compression of the video is the culprit. I don't know of any program that does what you are asking for. Even if one existed, it would diminish the quality of the video tremendously.



However, the poor quality and the aspect ration are often due to limits on the file size uploaded. These limits are imposed by sites like YouTube, AOL Video, and etc. As a result, the uploading individual is sacrificing the quality to fit in a couple more minutes on the video. There are times where the person uploading is just totally clueless and wrecks the video quality when they shouldn't



I think that the individuals that upload these videos are certainly the ones that need to watch for quality of their works, not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment