Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change the aspect ratio from my digital camera to match my widescreen monitor?

when i take pictures with my digital camera they are in the 4:3 ratio, however, my monitor has a natural resolution of 1680x1050, so when i try to use pictures i have taken as wallpapers they either stretch horizontally, or if i centre or tile them they zoom far too close and cut off most of the picture. is there any way to maintain the picture aspect ratio and have them as big as possible to use as wallpapers with my monitor, without having to cut off or zoom into the pictures, and just fill in the gaps in the side of the monitor? thanksHow do i change the aspect ratio from my digital camera to match my widescreen monitor?Hi.

I think there麓s no camera with that aspect ratio, the more common are 4:3 , 15:10 (printed photography) and maybe a extended 23:10 or something like that. The aspect ratio of your screen is 16:10, so my recomendation is to take a picture with your 4:3 aspect ratio, then cut it the part you want whith the same aspec ratio of 16:10 (example. 3200*2000 pixels), later resize the wide to 1680 and the height to 1050 with a picture edition program like photoshop, paint shop , etc. saved it and nothing more,

no distortionHow do i change the aspect ratio from my digital camera to match my widescreen monitor?It should have a panoramic setting under the set up tools.pp

No comments:

Post a Comment