Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change the aspect ratio on my CANON Powershot A1100 IS from 4:3 to 3:2?

I would like to do this so I won't have to crop each picture that I print as 4 x 6. I have read the manual and couldn't find it anywhere. Is it even possible?How can I change the aspect ratio on my CANON Powershot A1100 IS from 4:3 to 3:2?I have the CANON PowerSHOT 1000is..

I've owned that for more than a year..I use 4:3 all the time..

===

I've just started to use Wide Screen in my CANON Camcorder and the PowerSHOT 1000is..

===

The Wide Screen feature is great for digital video..

I really haven't seen great results in JPG/

===

So...4:3 and 16:9 is really the only Frame Sizes available as Settings..

===

What I have done with my digital movie footage is to allow some %26quot;dead%26quot; area around the outer portion of the Video-Scene..that was when useing 4:3 Frame Size..this way...TV-viewing was right on target..

What happens in DVD-video Creation is that a Computer will play the exact scene..while a Standard TV(tube)--pushes your video file into the outer portion of the TV-screen..(you risk--)chopping off heads..

===

I do this in my CANON PowerSHOT pictures also--should I be making a digital slide show for DVD-video..

..again..computer viewing is right on target..but a standard TV-tube..places the edges of the scene..outwards..

===

I would suggest..you change your CENTER..target area..and maybe its easier to use a Paper-Cutter..

..to shave the outer portion of your photo..(CROP)..useing a paper cutter..

But really your just moving your VIEW(in the LCD)more center..and creating a larger border(dead area)..and shaving that off with a paper cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment