Friday, June 3, 2011

Blu-Ray Player/HDMI Question.?

Ok, so I am the last person on earth to finally get a Blu-Ray player and I am watching a DVD on it (Sweeney Todd) and after all of these years with the %26quot;letterbox%26quot; bars that I have become used to, I now have the movie filling up the screen.



I know this doesn't sound like a problem, but I am so used to those bars that I feel like the movie is on %26quot;zoom%26quot; mode, which it is not and I feel like things are stretched out...although I don't think they are.



I can change the aspect ratio on the player to give me 4:3 Letterbox and I have been going back and forth to see if anything looks different and I can't tell.



My TV is not in Zoom mode, and my Blu-Ray player is currently set to 16:9 ( I can not change it because it knows it is hooked up via HDMI cable) and the only way to change it to 4:3 is to tell the player that the input is 480p.



Ok...I guess here is my question.



Is the movie SUPPOSED to fill the entire screen for a DVD or Blu-Ray disc? I love that it does, but after all of these years of the black bars my mind thinks it is on zoom and it seems too clear...if that makes any sense.



How is it supposed to look?



Equipment:

LG BD-300 Blu Ray player

Visio VX 42L 42%26quot;



I don't even know what the hell my question is anymore...I actually miss the damn black lines...Blu-Ray Player/HDMI Question.?Relax. Your TV has a 16:9 (1.78:1) aspect ratio. So does the movie (See link), so it should fill the screen.



I'm sure you will get your comfortable black bars back when you play a movie with an AR %26gt; 1.78:1.Blu-Ray Player/HDMI Question.?why didnt u just get a PS3, it woulda been a better deal, since Blu Ray players are made from Sony, and so are PS3s so the quality is still the same. and u can enjoy everything a PS3 has to offer as well as a blu ray player...





and YES it is suppose to look like that, dont worry its not in zoom.

and grats on the Bluray player anyway..



and if u want, it may help to turn the lights off when u watch a movie, u wont even notice the bars arent thereBlu-Ray Player/HDMI Question.?there should be something on your setup menu called video settings that says dvd aspect ratio or some thing like that... check to see if the aspect ratio is pan and scan or letterbox... the pan and scan sounds like the setting you are on right now so change it to letterbox... when you have a 16:9 (which is a widescreen) tv every thing should be in letterbox then you will see the bars... but the aspect ratio of the disk matters also if it is a 1:85:1... you will have no bars up top and if it is a 2:35:1 or 2.40:1 you will get bars



hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment