Friday, June 3, 2011

Burning video files to DVD on OS X with the right aspect ratio?

I am trying to burn some video files to DVD using OS X so I can watch them on my TV with a normal DVD player. I tried today with a bunch of different clips on one DVD and some of them were fine, some were slightly cut off, and some (the widescreen ones) were squished on my non-widescreen TV. Some of the clips were strange shapes so I'm not too worried about them but I would like to figure out the widescreen content problem. How can I make them display properly on my non-widescreen TV with those black bars?



The program I used was burn and I tried changing the aspect ratio settings on my DVD player. It did not work.Burning video files to DVD on OS X with the right aspect ratio?You can import them into iMovie08 and set the the aspect ratio when you import them ( the ratios are all listed.) - then burn them to iDVD

Tutorial here

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#im

No comments:

Post a Comment