Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I change the aspect ration on an 50' Toshiba DLP. Link to model to follow....?

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/



I know 16:9 is a better aspect ratio for viewing but I beleive it is set to 4:3. Also, it states its display resolution is that of 720P, yet when I tune it on it states it is set to 480P which is much weaker. When I tune on the XBOX 360 it states it is viewing in 1080I which I know can not be seeing it will only view to 720P however the resolution is much more crisp. So any TV or tech guru's care to chime in I would much appreciate it as this is driving me nuts!How can I change the aspect ration on an 50' Toshiba DLP. Link to model to follow....?It sounds like what you are seeing when you turn it on to watch television is a standard definition program which has a maximum resolution of 480p and is in the 4:3 aspect ratio. Not all programming is in High Definition and you will either need an OTA (over the air) HD antenna, or a HD service from either a cable or satellite company. When using a cable or satellite company they will have separate channels for HD. For instance, say you want to watch a basic channel like ABC in HD. ABC may normally be on channel 5, but the HD channel will be on 375.



For your Xbox 360, it displays 1080i because most 720p sets are also capable of the 1080i resolution. Usually it is best to stick with your TVs native resolution, 720p in your case, to make sure it is running as intended. Feel free to try both though and choose the one you like more. If you do decide to change the resolution for your 360, you need to go into the %26quot;System%26quot; blade on the 360 and go to your display settings. You should be able to change the resolution it outputs from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment