Friday, June 3, 2011

What exactly do I need to change in photoshop to match my 32' LCDs background?

Hey all, this may be a little confusing to anyone who doesn't know anything about the Xbox 360.



I recently made a picture in photoshop (just text, and a patterned background) and was going to make it a background or theme for my xbox 360. Well, it turned out to look VERY BAD! The resolution and everything looked bad. It wasn't as sharp or anything.



I heard it has something to do with the aspect ratio, 16:9 or something like that, I just remember getting help from someone else and doing everything they say, and no matter what it still turned out bad.



I have a 32' LCD, and I basically need to know exactly what dimensions i need on my pallet in photoshop, how to change the aspect ratio, everything. If anyone has the time to help me out it would mean a lot, I've been trying to do this for six hours straight and its getting quite frustrating.



thanks all!



PS - Could it be because I'm running my Xbox 360 at 720p? (even though I beleive my LCD itself is doing that anyway?)What exactly do I need to change in photoshop to match my 32' LCDs background?You need to change the canvas size of your image to the resolution of your monitor. Generally, 720p LCDs will have 720 pixels vertically, but the exact pixel dimensions will be different for different screens.



Try searching the web for your TV's model number, and the specs on sites selling or reviewing the TV will list the exact pixel count. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment