Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I set my aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 ?

I previously had a CRT monitor (aspect ratio 4:3) but recently i bought a ACER LCD monitor and my monitor resolution seem to be stuck in 4:3 resolution i cannot change it to 16:9 aspect ratio I have tried downloading their drivers but it does not work in windows xp.Can any one tell me if i can do this by any other alternate means (by registry editing or something plz guide me then)?Please help.How do I set my aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 ?I have a 16:10 screen and had the same problem when my resolution was set to 1024 by 768 pixels.



Your screen is most likely 16:10 because 16:9 is more common in widescreen tv's, most widescreen laptops/computers are 16:10.



So to fix this problem for me I had to change my resolution to 1280 by 800 pixels. This made everything very small though so I had to adjust some settings to make it possible for me to see what I'm doing.



I had to set my font size in appearence to large fonts. Also I went in the advanced mode and put up most of the font sizes for everything, I just played with the numbers until everything was big enough.



Hope this helps.How do I set my aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 ?The problem maybe with your video card not the monitor drivers.

Check your video card and download the latest updates.

The video card should automatically detect the allowed configurations from your monitor. You will need to reboot your PC though.

No comments:

Post a Comment